Friday, May 10, 2013

Chevon Painted Placemats!


I seriously LOVE how these placemats turned out! I knew we needed something to protect our table from scratches and I just couldn't find anything that was cute and within our budget. So when I saw they "plain jane" mats (@ Wal-Mart), my mind starting turning thinking "what can I do with these to make them cute".

I love this chevron craze! So I decided to do a simple chevron design on them.
 

I cut out a stencil with some thin cardboard. It was actually harder than I thought to get the measurements right! But then again, thats why I am not a math whiz! So once I got that down the process was pretty quick. I just simply traced the lines onto the mat about 2.5 inches apart. Which depends on how big or small you want the zig zags to be.

After you finish tracing,  tape off  the lines that wont be painted with painters tape (or masking tape)

Pick a color and PAINT it! I just used acrylic paint, which worked fine for me. They aren't stiff or anything like that. Once it dries, remove the tape and be amazed at how great they look! I haven't yet, but I think I am going to put a paint sealer over the top. We don't have any kids yet but in the near future we will. So we'll just start preparing now! It really just  adds a simple, classy touch to your table!
 
 
Or color! Depending on what color you paint them and what style you are going for!  
 

 
 
What bright colors would you add to your table for summer time??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment