Friday, January 4, 2013

Welcome, have a seat, stay a while!

YAY for the first post on our new blog! Speaking of firsts....we've had a lot of those in the past little while! A first for both of us. Marriage. and what a wonderful adventure it is!! We were sealed in the Salt Lake City Temple for time and all eternity on 12-15-12! best day of my life.

and they lived happily ever after.... the end!! Except for joke is on us, its the BEGINNING of the rest of our lives! There will never be an end to our happily ever after!!! But I'm super okay with that ;)

well...Welcome to "Under the Old Pine". When Scott and I were trying to figure out the tittle, our memories turned to the summer of 2012 when it all started. Well when it started seriously... the "love at first sight" happened a little before that! But i'll get to that later! We had a lot of sayings that we would often use and one of them was "meet me under the old pine". Whenever we left each other for just a second and were meeting back up again Scott would  say, "meet me under the old pine??" But that was a little confusing  because we didn't live by any "old pines". The first time he said it, with a cute smile I responded "of course"! ;) I might have even winked, to make it even better! When it was time, I realized, "Hey, I don't know what he was talking about!" I embarrassingly called him and explained my predicament. Well since then it became a little inside joke between the two of us! Also Scott has a slight obsession with Pine trees, the smell, the look of them, cutting them down...everything! So it was only fitting to name the journal of our lives after a pine tree!

We've come to the realization that life happens so fast! It seems like just yesterday that I was on the "days to the wedding count down"! Then all of a sudden it was here! Then it came and went faster than I could even handle! and the two weeks since our wedding have flown by! We may not be able to control time and the speed of life BUT we can control what we focus our time on and how well we will remember the fun details!
Someone called me an "old married fart"...i'm not ready to let the "old fart" part be true! Here's to life and the joy that it brings, being young, starting a new blog, a new year and best of all, being married....ah I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment