Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday..Sort of...

Today started out like a fine Wednesday. I slept fairly well last night, got to cuddle a little in bed before having to get out. Had enough time to get ready. Did well on my test. I was fine!


 But then things turned not so wonderful....when I started thinking about math. In order to graduate I have to finish 3 math classes. In order to get there I have to pass a math placement exam. In order to do that, I have to understand math. Unfortunately I don't. At all. Not even the basics hardly. It's just not my thing. But it needs to be, starting now, if i'm ever gonna graduate college.
 Fortunately, Scott is good at math and can help me. Unfortunately it tests both of our patience's and that's not a good thing.
I've GOT TO change my attitude about it, buckle down and get it done. Time is running out and I can't procrastinate anymore.
It is necessary that I change my attitude from HATE to contempt. I don't have to like math, I just have to change my attitude about it until its all said and done. (we already decided Scott will be the one to help the kids with math homework)

You're probably thinking, "what does this have to do with a Wonderful Wednesday post, this doesn't sound wonderful at all!?" Well the wonderful part is me making a decision and conscious effort to change my attitude. Its a big step for me! The words "I hate math, I can't do this, this is stupid and i'm stupid for not knowing this stuff and its a waste of time, I'll never use it again" will not from this point on exit my mouth. Nor will I be a "butt head" when getting help with my math. I can't promise I won't cry in frustration (saying I wouldn't, is like saying I will never go to the bathroom again, its a natural, needed thing that I just can't live without!)  But change is necessary for success. Graduation is necessary to get a good job. A good job is necessary to get us through Scott's schooling.....It all builds upon itself. It's a lot of pressure and I definitely feel it everyday.
I will use the pressure to my advantage though. Just like pressure is needed in the process of making diamonds, its important. And by the end I'll  practically be a diamond for completing this fete. So wish me luck. It all starts today.

No more of this... 
I CAN DO THIS and I WILL DO THIS!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment